This is the privacy notice of Riviera Gardenscapes. In this document, “we” or “us” refers to Riviera Gardenscapes registered in Australia with ACN XXX XXX XXX Our registered office is at 3 Mahogany Place, Medowie NSW 2318.
This is a notice to tell you our policy about all information that we record about you. It covers both information that could identify you and information that could not. We are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our web site are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with Australian and New South Wales law. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us. We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our web site immediately. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site. Here is a list of the information we collect from you, either through our web site or because you give it to us in some other way, and why it is necessary to collect it:
1. Business and personal information This includes basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details and also includes all information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our client. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you to reciprocate this policy. This information is used:
1.1. to provide you with the services which you request;
1.2. for verifying your identity for security purposes;
1.3. for marketing our services and products;
1.4. information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service. We keep information, which forms part of our business record for a minimum of six years. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defence in court. That is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it.
2. Your domain name and e-mail address This information is recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. We shall not under any circumstances, divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically. This information is used:
2.1. to correspond with you or deal with you as you expect;
2.2. in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site;
2.3. to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
2.4. to tell you about other of our services or services of sister web sites.
3. Information you post on our website Information you send to us by posting to a forum or blog or in your advertisement, is stored on our servers. We do not specifically use that information except to allow it to be read, but you will see in our terms and conditions that we reserve a right to use it in any way we decide.
6. Third party content Our web site is a publishing medium in that anyone may register and then publish information about himself or some other person. We do not moderate or control what is posted. If you complain about any of the content on our web site, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel, it may be justified, we shall remove it while we investigate. Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content which offends you. If we think, your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
7. Information we obtain from third parties Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we do receive data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from software services such as Google Analytics and others. No such information is identifiable to you.
8. Content you provide to us with a view to be used by third party If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information. If it is available to all the World, you have no control whatever as to how it is used.
10. Sending a message to our support system When you send a message, we collect the data you have given to us in that message in order to obtain confirmation that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide to you the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business / organisation. We do not keep any personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name or email address.
11. Complaining When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and, if we do, what that information is. We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
12. Disclosure to Government and their agencies We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
13. Compliance with the law This confidentiality policy has been compiled so as to comply with the law of every jurisdiction in which we aim to do business. If you think it fails to satisfy the law of your country, we should like to hear from you, but ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
14. Review or update personally identifiable information At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us at the address below. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
15. Removal of your information If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our web site, you may contact us at email@example.com. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
16. Data may be “processed” outside Australia Our web sites are hosted in Australia. We also use outsourced services in countries outside Australia from time to time in other aspects of our business. [Accordingly data obtained within Australia may be “processed” outside Australia and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.
17. Complaints procedure
17.1. If you have a complaint about how we are collected or handled your personal information, please contact us. We will endeavour in the first instance to deal with your complaint and take action to resolve the matter.
17.2. If your complaint cannot be resolved at the first instance, we will ask you to lodge a formal complaint in writing, explaining the circumstances of the matter that you are complaining about, how you believe your privacy has been interfered with and how you believe your complaint should be resolved.
17.3. We will acknowledge receipt of your formal complaint and indicate the timeframe that you can expect a response. We will endeavour to resolve the complaint as quickly as possible, but if the matter is complex and our investigation may take longer, we will let you know when we expect to provide our response.
17.4. If you are unhappy with our response, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. How you can contact us Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Sending a letter to us at: Attn: Privacy Officer 3 Mahogany Place, Medowie NSW 2318. OAIC contact details: Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) Email: email@example.com